Pfew. It took me longer than I wanted to get to this post but one can never be sure how life will be treating you.
Welcome to this wyrd and wonder giveaway post where you can win a copy of Maya and the Rising Dark! I had a copy of this lovely book all bought when the publisher send me the whole trilogy of this lovely MG fantasy. Which meant I had an extra copy of the first book. And of course I had to save it for Wyrd and Wonder.
Twelve-year-old Maya’s search for her missing father puts her at the center of a battle between our world, the Orishas, and the mysterious and sinister Dark world.
Twelve-year-old Maya is the only one in her South Side Chicago neighborhood who witnesses weird occurrences like werehyenas stalking the streets at night and a scary man made of shadows plaguing her dreams. Her friends try to find an explanation—perhaps a ghost uprising or a lunchroom experiment gone awry. But to Maya, it sounds like something from one of Papa’s stories or her favorite comics.
When Papa goes missing, Maya is thrust into a world both strange and familiar as she uncovers the truth. Her father is the guardian of the veil between our world and the Dark—where an army led by the Lord of Shadows, the man from Maya’s nightmares, awaits. Maya herself is a godling, half orisha and half human, and her neighborhood is a safe haven. But now that the veil is failing, the Lord of Shadows is determined to destroy the human world and it’s up to Maya to stop him. She just hopes she can do it in time to attend Comic-Con before summer’s over.
How Can You Enter and Rules
- There will be one winner
- This giveaway is open worldwide. I will however not be responsible for any mishaps during postage.
- This giveaway is open from May 21st to May 31st.
- You must be signed up for Wyrd and Wonder/have posted for wyrd and wonder 2023 at least once, as this is a Wyrd and Wonder giveaway.
- You can enter by posting a comment below this blog post.
- You get an extra entry by sharing this post on twitter tagging both the event account (@ wyrdandwonder ) and me (@ signourney).
- I will be throwing everyones name in a bowl (twice if you did the extra entry) and letting my son grab one out of it.
- I will contact the winner after May 31st.
Witch by astromoali.
The gorgeous artwork has been licensed for use for this event online. You are welcome to use the banners on your Wyrd and Wonder posts, but please make no changes and always credit the artist(s).
One thought on “A #WyrdandWonder Giveaway | Win a Hardcover Copy of Maya and the Rising Dark!”