January was the month of hard times, no snow and a lot of books. That is always a good time to the year. The books I mean.
In January I read a total of 14 books which makes the total of 2022 14 books read.
Of the 14 books 3 books were sci-fi, 2 books were contemporary, 1 book was non-fiction and 8 books were fantasy .
Out of the 31 days of January I read 14 days which amounted to a total of 4236 pages.
The rating average of this month was 4 stars.
- A Letter to Three Witches by Elizabeth Bass | 3 stars | ARC
- Servant Mage by Kate Elliott | 3 stars | ARC
- Damn, Honey by Mary Lotte Hagen and Nadia Voorthuizen | 4 stars
- Lake Silence (The Others 6) by Anne Bishop | Reread
- Jade Legacy (Green Bone Saga 3) by Fonda Lee | 5 stars | ARC
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood | 5 stars
Battle of the Linguist Mages by Scotto Moore | DNF | ARC
- The Warrior Poet (Faery Rehistory 3) by Sharon Lynn Fisher | 3 stars | ARC
- Mating the Huntress (Monsters and Mates 1) by Talia Hibbert | 4 stars
- The Tea Master and the Detective by Aliette De Bodard | 4 stars
- The Dating Playbook (The Boyfriend Project 2) by Farrah Rochon | 4 stars
- Seven Mercies (Seven Devils) by Elizabeth May and Laura Lam | 4,5 stars | ARC
- Stars and Bones by Gareth L. Powell | 3 stars | ARC
- Kelcie Murphy and the Academy for the Unbreakable Arts by Erika Lewis | 4 stars | ARC
- Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities 1) by Shannon Messenger | 5 stars
I thought it would be a shame not to share the pondathon garden every month. So here we are. I didn’t double anything up. And I still need rewards for 2-3 books from January. But I like the look so far.
⌘ February was fairly on the hard side for various reasons. But at least the lockdown didn’t last for the schools and Merijn started school early in January again.
⌘ We finally had our appt for Merijn. They are currently putting off giving him the autism diagnosis until next year when they will look again. However we are making a treatment plan to look at what we can do now.
⌘ My psychologist left in December for a new job. That sucked. I liked her. But I got a new psychologist this January who is also the one who will be setting out the course with the other therapists I have (my old psycholosgist didn’t do that but the psychiatrist did until now_ and she is changing the course a bit. Which means that therapy has been really hard and heavy. I think it is a good thing but it is taking quite a bit from me. I’m talking exhaustion and tears.
⌘ I’m just forever sad that it doesn’t seem we’ll be getting real snow this winter season.
⌘ Girls of Fate and Fury (Girls of Paper and Fire 3) by Natasha Ngan | ARC
⌘ A Letter to Three Witches by Elizabeth Bass | ARC
⌘ Servant Mage by Kate Elliott | ARC
⌘ Jade Legacy (Green Bone Saga 3) by Fondia Lee | ARC
⌘ The Warrior Poet (Faery Rehistory 3) by Sharon Lynn Fisher | ARC
Top Ten Tuesday
⌘ 26 Most Anticipated 2022 Releases in the First Half of the Year |
⌘ Ten Most Recent Additions to Goodreads
⌘ Five 2021 Releases I Was Excited to Read But Didn’t Get To
⌘ Six New to Me Authors I Discovered in 2021
⌘ Scooby-Doo and Guess Who | Season 1 | Ep 11 to 26
⌘ Scooby-Doo and Guess Who | Season 2 | Ep 1 to 26
Not as amazing as earlier Scooby work and I’m never a fan of adding in familiar characters or celebraties. But okay to watch.
⌘ Sammie from The Bookwyrm’s Den shares her 5 star reads of 2021.
⌘ Kal from Reader Voracious shares the result of the 2021 Bookish Jazz Awards she hosted!
⌘ Also Turtle Recall was shared on a list of Reading Challenges on Bookly!
This monthly wrap up will be linked up with the monthly one by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction. This so we can blog hop to each others wrap ups easier.