As I am writing this on October 31st it is weird to look back on the month. I’ve been struggling keeping up with the blog yet I completed Blogtober. Scheduling ahead is a lifesaver. I also started an etsy shop and started up some volunteering. In general I think the month was just better.
Not much was needed to make it better than September though….
In October I read a total of 15 books which makes the total of 2020 139books read.
Of the 15 books 10 books were fantasy, 5 books were contemporary
Out of the 31 days of October I read 16 days which amounted to a total of 4935 pages. My best reading day was October 10th with 1284 pages.
The rating average of this month was 4,06.
- The Raven Lady (Faerie Rehistory 2) by Sharon Lynn Fisher | 3 stars | ARC
- The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow | 3 stars | ARC
- The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War 2) by R.F. Kuang | 5 stars
- Heartstopper Volume 1 by Alice Oseman | Reread | Graphic Novel
- Heartstopper Volume 2 by Alice Oseman | Reread | Graphic Novel
- Heartstopper Volume 3 by Alice Oseman | 5 stars | Graphic Novel
- Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston | 4 stars
- The Burning Page (The Invisible Library 3) by Genevieve Cogman | 4 stars
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix | 4 stars
- The Archive of the Forgotten (Hell’s Library 2) by A.J. Hackwith | 5 stars
- Not Even Bones (Market of Monsters 1) by Rebecca Schaeffer | 4 stars
- The Haunting of Tram Car 015 by P. Djeli Clark | 4 stars | Novella
- The Magic Fish by Trung Le Nguyen | 5 stars | ARC | Graphic Novel
X Tower of Fools (Hussite 1) by Andrzej Sapkowski | DNF | ARC
- Pan’s Labyrinth by Guillermo del Toro & Cornela Funke | 3 stars
- Cemetery Boys by Aidan Thomas | 4 stars
Read this month: 2
Read this month: 2
⌘ I was doing a lot better this month than the previous month. I kept myself busy with the shop, bujo and some reading. Not much the blog. I don’t think I’m burned out, I’m just struggling with the balance and reading arcs. Once that didn’t work for me or arcs that I can’t read on my e reader and I have to read on the comp. They put such a snag on my schedule, meh. Which made me lose a bit of inspiration. My head is swamped I guess with everything I need and want to do.
⌘ Merijn is loving going to school and the schedule of 5 days a week is pretty good for him. There are obviously still going to be things. I don’t say I think he is showing signs of being autistic for nothing. But this schedule and the set ways at school help him. Plus it is a small school so he won’t be drowned out. I’m glad I followed my feeling and his in choosing this school.
⌘ I started volunteering at school in the school library. Every Friday morning I organize the books neatly. It takes me about an hour and takes me to my happy place. Plus I can get a peak at Merijn sometimes haha. And just how the school is in the other grades as well. I also signed up to help out with the Christmas celebration.
⌘ As announced yesterday I am taking a semi-break from the blog. I want to catch up to a few things and not feel such a pressure. I have some arcs from netgalley to read and one straight through a publisher from this year. And a few reviews I want to write. But taking a step back will hopefully make me pick up these task sooner if I’m not also trying to keep the blog updated on a strict schedule. If it isn’t this week than the next, you know.
⌘ The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by Victoria Schwab | ARC
⌘ The Raven Lady (Faery Rehistory 2) by Sharyn Lynn Fisher | ARC
⌘ The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow | ARC
⌘ Phoenix Extravagant by Yoon Ha Lee | ARC
⌘ The Midnight Bargain by C.L. Polk| ARC
⌘ The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
⌘ The Magic Fish by Trung le Nguyen | ARC
Discussions, Topics and the Like
⌘ October TBR
⌘ Why I Have Been So Taken with Novella (Series)
⌘ Time to Talk About Antihero(ines)
⌘ What Have I Read From My Birthday Hauls?
⌘ 35 Books Before 35
⌘ Time for Some SFF Novella’s
⌘ Spooky Reading for #SpooktasticReads
⌘ Novella (Series) I’d Still Like to Read
⌘ Book Haul 58 | It Was My Birthday Haul
⌘ The Bookshelf ABC Challenge
⌘ Those Pesky Favorite Authors
⌘ Not To Scary Shows or Movies to Watch for Halloween
⌘ What is the Thing About Vampires and Me?
⌘ Secret Agent Marnie | Movie
One of those random movies I watched with Merijn
⌘ Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo | Movie
I gifted myself the dvd to watch on Halloween ❤
This monthly wrap up will be linked up with the monthly one by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction. This so we can blog hop to each others wrap ups easier.