I know it is only December 10th but as I was planning out my end of the year posts for December and January it fit the best in this particular place. To be fair to myself I am planning to reread one or two series this month so I am not expecting to have any more favorites for this month.
As I was writing down all my 5 star reads of this year it was surprising to see I could fill this list almost entirely with 5 star reads. This hardly ever happens. I do think I read quite a few good books this year. Some hardcore new favorites for sure. And it was very hard to pick an order for all of these to be honest. I mean on any given day this order could completely change. Well maybe not completely.
But I will not keep you in suspense. Below you will find my top 17 of 2017, counting down from number 17 all the way down to the number 1. All of these are amazing reads though and you should all read them right now.
17. The Farseers Trilogy by Robin Hobb / Review / 4 stars
16. Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman / Review coming close to release date in 2018 / 4,5 stars
15. The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere 1) by Heidi Heilig / Review / 4,5 stars
14. Immortal in Death (In Death 3) by J.D. Robb / 5 stars
13. Soul Music (Discworld, Death 3) by Terry Pratchett / 5 stars
12. Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard 2) by Scott Lynch / Review / 5 stars
09. I, Robot (Robot 0,1) by Isaac Asimov / Review / 5 stars
08. The Emerald Blade (Landkist Saga 2) by Steven Kelliher / Review / 5 stars
07. The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard 3) by Rick Riordan / Review / 5 stars
06. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers 1) by Becky Chambers / Review / 5 stars
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee / Review / 5 stars
A Conjuring Of Light (Shades of Magic 3) by V.E. Schwab / Review / 5 stars
Etched in Bone (The Others 5) by Anne Bishop / Review / 5 stars
The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee / Review / 5 stars
Sorcerer to the Crown (Sorcerer Royal 1) by Zen Cho / Review / 5 stars
Surprisingly my initial rating for this book was 4,5 stars but I kept thinking about this book and how desperately I needed a next book. How I needed to read more about Zacharias, Prunella and this magical world in London.
What is your favorite read of 2017?
Fine you can choose a top 3…