One of the things that I love the most about reading is how we get to read about so many amazing places. Real places, changed places and completely imaginary ones. There is something about discovering all these places on the page without having to leave your home for it.
But even more amazing would be to actually visit some of these. For me I would love to be able to go to some of the places in some of my favorite fantasy books. Those places that aren’t actually real. To discover and see for myself. See if my imagination conjured the right image as I was reading. And London does have its appeals, okay.
Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for this top ten tuesday prompt.
- Hogwarts (Harry Potter by J.K Rowling)
- Ankh-Morpork and the rest of Discworld (Discworld by Terry Pratchett)
- Christopher’s world (Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire)
- Lunar (The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer)
- London (Lockwood & Co. by Jonathan Stroud)
- Red London (Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab)
- Ship Wayfarer (The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers)
- Caraval (Caraval by Stephanie Garber)
- London (The Pyramids of London by Andrea K. Host)
- Howl’s Moving Castle (Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones)