But The Broke and the Bookish, we don’t have a Christmas tree this year! Where will I put my gifts. I suppose Merijn’s play box will have to funtion as one. Because it really looks like one…
It is the time of year to be jolly and to ask for books for Christmas as one does. I have two lists where I have taken some of these books from. One is a list I made for my husband to pick a book from. I told him he could only pick one book since I already got so many for my birthday but we’ll see what he does. The other list I created for a Secret Santa exchange. So these ten books are a bit of a mix of those lists. And clearly not all of them.
- The Case of Beasts by Mark Salisbury
I am not obsessed with Fantastic Beasts….
- The Long Way to a Small and Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- Time Salvager by Wesley Chu
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
- The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
- The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison
- Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
- The Diviners by Libba Bray