Hello, hello to the wrap up of August. August was a tiring month and especially the last few days of that month were hectic. But more on that on the Sunday Post this coming Sunday. I read some good books. I read some lesser books. I read some average books.
# Read 90 Books
Read this month: 9
- Murder of Crows (The Others 2) by Anne Bishop -4,5 stars
- Firefight (The Reckoners 2) by Brandon Sanderson – 2 stars
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle 3) by Maggie Stiefvater- 4 stars
- The Ice Dragon by George R.R. Martin – 3 stars
- Valley of Embers (Landkist Saga 1) by Steven Kelliher – 3,5 stars
- The Raven King (The Raven Cycle 4) by Maggie Stiefvater – 3,5 stars
- Charmed Life (Chrestomanci 1) by Diana Wynne Jones – 3 stars
- The Field Guide (Spiderwick Chronicles 1) by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi – 4 stars
- The Elfstones of Shannara (Original Shannara Trilogy 2) by Terry Brooks – 2,5 stars
Nine books really isn’t that bad considering I’ve been super distracted throughout the month. Some of these aren’t very big, but that is okay. A book is a book, right?
I am a bit behind on some reviews from the later part of the month. But I’m just going to take my time with them. I still have reviews planned in until the end of the month so it’s not like any is not coming online for a while.
Sixteen books still to read with four more months to go this year. I should be able to do this goal. *fistpump*
# Unread Books
Total unread books on shelf end of July– 151
Books read in August (that count) – 8
Books bought/received in August (no ebooks or previously read) – 8
Total unread books on shelf end of August – 151
So this month this goal stayed the same. I’m okay with that. I’m expecting that the next few months I won’t be able to get ahead unfortunately but we’ll deal with that when it comes to that.
# Commenting 365 Challenge – Commenting on 365 new to me blogs
This month: 32
Honestly, I haven’t been keeping the best track of this. Again I’ve just been too distracted to be busy with this goal. I might leave it a bit for the last few months. I’ll have to see how it goes.
# September TBR
Picking books for my September tbr is rather hard. I’m not sure how things are going to go or how much I’ll be able to read (if I’ll read at all). So I have decided to focus on the new releases that I have coming in that are of series I have already started. Like Creeping Shadow by Jonathan Stroud, Frost like Night by Sara Raasch and Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. These are my most anticipated reads for the moment so I’d love to focus on them. If I have more time in between I can potentially focus on some of the books left of my August TBR and other new releases I am getting in September. The Dutch goodreads group I’m apart of, Books Ever After, is reading A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness in September. So I might give that a go as well. But really, it is going to be a surprise.