We are already hitting up the last day of July and my personal countdown continues. Twelve more days until my due date.Of course it is just a guideline of a date and the baby could come at any moment really. If the baby so pleases it.Which is annoying.
This waiting around leaves me restless at moments and together with the heat that has been messing with my reading. However I am certainly not displeased with the amount of books this month brought me. But I could have read more if I had been able to concentrate. I’m fairly certain August will be worse on that regard as well. But reading can also serve as a great distraction from having to wait.
So we’ll have to see how that goes.
# Read 90 Books
Read this month: 12
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer volume 3 (bind-up of 3 stories) by Christopher Golden, Nancy Holder and Kirsten Beyer – 2 stars
- Vector by Simon de Waal (novella) – 3 stars
- The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo 1) by Rick Riordan – 4,5 stars
- Don’t Turn Your Back on an Angus Cow by Dr. Pol – 3 stars
- Gaslight and Grimm. Edited by Danielle McPhay-Ackley and Diana Bastine -3,5 stars
- The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire 2) by Tui T. Sutherland- 3,5 stars
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files 1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – 4,5 stars
- The Winner’s Curse (The Winner’s Trilogy 1) by Marie Rutkoski – 4 stars
- Steelheart (The Reckoners 1) by Brandon Sanderson – 3 stars
- De Stad van de Alchemist (De Verborgen Universiteit 3) by Natalie Koch – 4 stars
- The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle 1) by Maggie Stiefvater- 5 stars
- The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle 2) by Maggie Stiefvater – 5 stars
I finally finished the Buffy bind-up. It was certainly not my thing. A review for that is coming in August. Most of these books will be reviewed and posted in August or the start of September by the way.
Other books won’t be reviewed. I decided for instance to not review The Wings of Fire series for now. Vector was a novella that was an okay read, but not review worthy. The Dr. Pol book will also not be reviewed though I noted down some thoughts on Goodreads. Dr. Pol was interesting but there was no structure and I had expected something more than what I got. And I think I’ll make a series review of The Winners Trilogy.
Overall I think it was a good month. I’m glad I finally started The Raven Cycle series and buddy read The Dream Thieves with La La in the Library.
# Unread Books
Total unread books on shelf end of June – 160
Books read in July (that count) – 11 (no ebooks)
Books bought/received in July(no ebooks) – 5
Total unread books on shelf end of July – 154
Only 5 books added to my physical TBR pile this time. And I read more than that this month. Aren’t you all proud of me? I really am trying not to buy too many random books. I have been pre ordering books that I really wanted but I try not to buy too much next to that so that I only get a few books a month. No book haul up this month either but at the end of August. Yeay for goals.
# Commenting 365 Challenge – Commenting on 365 new to me blogs
This month: 37
Still going strong with this one. Thank goodness for the many, many book blogs out there.
# August TBR
My July TBR went rather well. I ended up not reading two books of my readathon tbr, and I am not moving them to this month either. There are too many other things I want to read. I still have to finish Good Omens and Murder of Crows. I’d also like to finish my reread of The Way of Shadows, but it is not a priority. Just fun to slowly reread. I’m not going to make this a huge list this month considering. I do want to continue with some series.
I’d like to finish up The Raven Cycle series which I have two books left off. I would also like to read the next books of Wings of Fire and The Reckoners. And at the end of August they are showing The Shannara Chronicles show so I want to read The Elfstones of Shannara before it airs. I also would like to read Nevernight once it is out. And then we’ll see how far I’ll get. I could maybe start my Chronicles of Chrestomanci bind-up if I feel like it.