Books are wonderous things where in so many wonderful things can happen whether this is in a fantasy setting or set in our history. Through books we can experience things that we wouldn’t otherwise be able to do or that we would have never considered. So are there any things that books have made us want to do?
Sure. Too many things.
This prompt was given to us by The Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday weekly meme.
- Be a part of a play (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli)
To be fair I would not do well on stage but maybe a small part would be great. The only time I was apart of a play was when we had to make one ourselves related to society for a college class in my first year. I wrote the script. It was not so pretty. People constantly wanted to change everything. Bleh. But I would like to be a apart of a play where we had someone overviewing things and I would do backstage things. That would be fun I think.
- Play the violin (This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab)
I didn’t grow up with learning a music instrument like my husband did or my sister in law. In highschool I learned the keyboard, but most of that has drifted away for me personally. But an instrument like the violin is so different. It would be interesting to learn to play that. Not that I have any real ambitions, don’t worry.
- Punch someone in the face (multiple books)
Punching someone in the face just seems so liberating. Don’t worry, I’m not a violent person. I just dream about punching some obnoxious people.
- Learn to ride a horse (fantasy books)
Learning to ride a horse seems so cool. Just riding one through nature. However I’ve always had a huge allergy reaction to horses and while it has gone down somewhat, I am not going to risk that.
- Go to university/college in a different country (Untraceable University by Natalie Koch)
This is one of those things I wish I had done when I was still studying. But I always thought it would be too expensive and I was really just too scared. But if you ever get the opportunity you all should do it!
Not So Normal Things
- Pull of a heist (Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo)
It is the excitement and afterwards the excitement factor isn’t it of a plan coming together.
- Summon a Demon (Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathan Stroud)
What? You have never wondered what kind of demons you could summon. Though I’m sure they aren’t all as witty as Bartimaes.
- Pilot a spaceship (sci-fi books, Stargate)
How cool would that be?
- Visit an alternate universe and see how your life turned out differently there (Firebird by Claudia Gray)
Aren’t you curious sometimes to see how some things would have played out if you had made a different choice?
- Own a (baby) dragon (fantasy books)