Nobody can deny that there is a person behind each blog. However with the internet it can sometimes be easy to forget about it as they don’t look you right in the eye. I always think personal posts even on a book blog are good to do if you are willing to. It reminds people that you are real.
So this ten facts about me as prompted by The Broke and the Bookish this week I find great to do. Except you know, now I actually have to think up ten facts about me. Right…
- Let’s start with a fact that if you know me in real life will scream in your face. I am really short. I’m about 1.50m which should be about 4ft ’11.
- Another thing you will easily see when you come to our house is that my favorite color is yellow. I had yellow in my baby room and as I grew up that yellow remained and became my favorite color. There is no yellow in the room for our baby though, don’t worry, haha.
- Extending on that, I have a bit of a thing for The Minions. You might have seen from the intro to my bookshelf tour that I have some minions on my shelves. They just amuse me endlessly. I am not the only one, right? I almost bought a small picture book of minions at the Boekenfestijn (bookfest) but it was in English. I know.
- When I was younger I wanted to become a teacher at primary school. I actually went to college for that for one year, only to discover that it was never going to be my thing. Large groups are such a no for me. So I changed to Social Work of which I now have my bachelor. Which sounds like I just got it but I graduated in 2011. (Thanks to LaLa in the Library for this suggestion)
- I make a book wishlist for my birthday months ahead of time. I’m not obsessed with my birthday. I just like making lists, haha.
- One of my all time favorite character is Colonel Jack O’Neill from Stargate SG-1. He has the sass, people.
- I am socially awkward, also online. So if you ever receive an awkward message from me, I’m sorry! I just want to be friends! ❤
- For most of the year I wear socks in the house, because my feet get cold so easily. But if it is really hot and sunny out I can be seen bare foot around the house. But it isn’t my favorite thing in the world, haha (Thanks to LaLa in the Library again for this suggestion, and for the next two).
- The first pet I remember having at my parents was a dog called Sloeber. He was attacked by other dogs though and had to be put down. Then years later my parents got another smaller dog called Minoes (a name I picked haha). She was the sweetest. I think she passed away in 2010 because of kidney failure. I’ve also had 3 hamsters. Now that we have our own house we have two cats you have seen around in some of the Sunday Posts and Books and Cats posts (that last one I haven’t done in a while).
- Oh my gosh, nicknames. Mostly my nicknames have been shortenings of my name Annemieke. Mieke, Miekje, A.M. But the only person that still uses a nickname sometimes that is Mieke, is my mom which I secretly find really annoying to be honest. Parents should not use nicknames, haha.