It’s the end of April, and boy, did this month fly by. While there were still weeks where I struggled with reading, overall this month was such a better month of reading for me. How much better? Well check down below.
I also changed this a bit. I had yearly goals that I was updating on in here but so far there has been little to update on for those and it was just weird filling of these posts. I made a 2016 challenges page where you can see all the goals and things I set myself this year, so they are still there, but they won’t make a reappearence in these monthly wrap ups. I also added a goal about the size of my tbr pile.
# Read 120 90 Books
Read this month: 16
1. The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl 2) by Eoin Colfer – 3,5 stars
2. A Gathering of Shadows (ADSOM 2) by V.E. Schwab – 4 stars
3. Het Boek van Voorheen by Jen Minkman – 3 stars
4. How to Train Your Dragon by Cresida Cowell – 4 stars
5. Het Stille Labyrint (De Verborgen Universiteit 2) by Natalie Koch – 5 stars
6. In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds 3) by Alexandra Bracken – 4 stars
7. The Horse and His Boy (Narnia) by C.S. Lewis – 1 star
8. The Prince of Mist (Niebla 1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafon – 5 stars
9. The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events 1) by Lemony Snickett – unrated
10. The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events 2) by Lemony Snickett – unrated
11. The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events 3) by Lemony Snickett – unrated
12. The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events 4) by Lemony Snickett – unrated
13. The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events 5) by Lemony Snickett – unrated
14. The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events 6) by Lemony Snickett – unrated
15. The Soul Thieves (The Snow Walkers 3) by Catherine Fisher – 4 stars – reread
16. The Summoning (The Darkest Powers 1) by Kelley Armstrong – 4 stars
Well hello, 16 books. Of course some of these were pretty short, but hey, they still count. I did two read-a-thons this month and they really helped me with getting to this amount of books. I still struggle throughout the week/inbetween read-a-thons to pick up my books but it is getting better.
This month I really enjoyed the second book in The Untracable University by Dutch author Natalie Koch. It’s really becoming a favorite series, and I hope I can get the third book soonish. I also enjoyed The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafon a lot more than I thought I would. I had a hard time with Narnia’s The Horse and His Boy.
# Unread Books
Total unread books on shelf end of March – 145
Books read in April – 15 (I read 16 but one was an ebook and I am not counting those)
Books bought in April – 8
Total unread books on shelf end of April – 138
This is something new I’d like to keep track of. I would like to get my physical TBR down to under a 100. But with the baby coming I’m not sure if I can quite manage that so at the very least I’d like to have this look into it. Like how I like to wrap up certain statistics at the end of the year.
Clearly there was some nice progress this month on this front thanks to reading those 16 books of my shelf. My book haul will come next week by the way if you are curious about those eight books.
Of course this was inspired by Marcia from Oog op de Toekomst.
# Commenting 365 Challenge – Commenting on 365 new to me blogs
This month: 44
I ended last month with 31 in total so I have more than doubled that this month. Clearly being home has made me more organised on the commenting front. I can take more time for it and search out new blogs or blogs I never commented on before because of lack of time.
# May TBR
This month I’ll be doing two read-a-thon’s right at the start. They overlap. RYBSAT is created by bookss101 on Youtube and round 8 will be from May 1st until May 8th. In this read-a-thon you choose a shelf from your bookshelves and read the unread books from it. For more rules, find them here on twitter. The Blossom Books read-a-thon will be from May 5th until May 8th. It’s from a Dutch publisher and I participated in it the first time it was held last year as well.Though I haven’t heard much about it except for the event having dates this year. Most likely I will do a quick wrap up of these read-a-thons in the next Sunday Post that follows these read-a-thons. Since they overlap I’ll have the same TBR for them.
For the rest of the month I’d like to finish Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima and I would like to finish The Darkest Powers trilogy. I also still have some books left from my April TBR that I will have a go at.