While doing my rounds of Sunday Post last week on Sunday I came across a few posts that mentioned doing the Blog Ahead mini. Blog Ahead is almost like a blogging-thon where you try to blog ahead as far as you can. It is happening from May 1st until May 15th, and is hosted by Herding Cats and Burning Soup. For more explanation and to sign-up visit the post here.
With my husband’s Summer vacation being moved forward (the first three weeks of June) and my pregnancy coming to a close in July/August, I thought this would be a great way to get ahead. While I do have more time to put into blogging now, when I already have some posts planned out I often think, I don’t really need to push too hard with blogging ahead. So this can be a great motivator to get really ahead.
The first week of this also has two read-a-thon going on so we’ll see how I will do. But I am excited to participate and see how others do. I might write a seperate wrap up post for this or I might wrap it up in a Sunday Post. We’ll see.
Blog Ahead Goal
- Increase your scheduled posts by 15
- Plan topics ahead until the end of July/August
- Schedule Top Ten Tuesday posts as far ahead as possible
- Write out all topics/discussion posts if possible, but at least five (o/5)
- Fill in book tags I still have to do so I can easily plan these in when needed (o/4)
- Take bookish photos for all newly scheduled posts
Are you going to participate in Blog Ahead? Do you have a strict schedule as to when you blog?