Hello. Time to haul some books! I actually didn’t post a book haul for February because I hadn’t bought that many books and as I wasn’t planning on buying a lot of books in March I decided to just combine them. It did end up being a bit more than I would have liked, but compared to other months last year, certain I did not do too bad.
And, hey, I’ve actually read some of these books already! Go me!
Now as you might notice some of the pictures are different from each other. Some are faded like I’ve filtered them for a while now and a few are brighter in colour. I am wondering what you guys prefer to see. I have gotten used to the faded look for the blog but on instagram I have gone back to the brighter filter because I just like it better in general. So how do you guys feel about it?
Blindsighted (Grand County 1) by Karin Slaughter
Kisscut (Grand County 2) by Karin Slaughter
– These books I found cheapish in a store (Kruidvat for the Dutchies). It was 2 for 7,50. As I was more so drawn to mysteries at the time I couldn’t quite pass that up. Karin Slaughter seems to be a well known name in the crime section so I figured it was a great oppurtunity to try her books.
Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands 1) by Alwyn Hamilton
Demon Road (Demon Road 1) by Derek Landy
– These books I bought after a good visit to the midwife. I had been seeing Rebel of the Sands in the book store a lot and decided I finally wanted it. Demon Road they had as well so why not, right?
In Transit by Margaretha van Andel
– This is the book I bougt at the YAA event and got signed. I do want to read more by Dutch authors, and it is sci-fi which I also would like to read more off so it seemed like a good book to try.
A Gathering of Shadows (A Darker Shade of Magic 2) by V.E. Schwab
Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister by Liz Kessler
– I was going to pre order A Gathering of Shadows but then the price for the paperback became insanely high on the online store. So after selling my books a bit ago I went into another book store and found it cheaper.
Phillppa Fisher was a late Christmas gift from a friend ❤
Naked in Death (In Death 1) by J.D. Robb
– I have been meaning to get my hands on this book for a while. While at my parent’s one weekend I found this for 5 Euro in the local book store there. ❤
On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis
– One of my pre-orders. A book I’ve been wanting to read since I heard of it. And I really liked it.
Wyrd Sisters ( Discworld, Witches 2) by Terry Pratchett
– Of course when I ordered birthday presents for my husband I had to buy a book for myself. I needed this one to be able to read the Witches sub series. I have the others.
Wings of Fire series (1-5) by Tui T. Sutherland
– This is a box set I’ve been eyeing for a while. And when an online store had a sale I bought it. The covers are so pretty! And it has dragons.
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (Raven Cycle 3) by Maggi Stiefvater
– A third book in a series you haven’t started yet? Oops. But the covers are so pretty, and I have the first two in Dutch. I don’t think the rest will be translated to Dutch (I have seen no sign of it in any case) so I figured I’d purchase the third book already. Hopefully I’ll get around to starting the series soon (possibly in a buddy read).
Het Boek van Voorheen by Jen Minkman
– Jen asked a bunch of Dutch bookstagrammer/bloggers if they wanted to review her book this April. Of course I said yes. I’ve been wanting to read one of her books for a while.
So what books did you guys get last month? Do we share any of the same ones?