We like to make goals for ourselves. Well, at least I know I do. And looking around the book blogging community, I am not the only one. It is just nice to have something to work towards, something to strive towards. So here are a few of my reading goals.
Read 120 90 Books
Every year Goodreads has the reading challenge. For 2015 I had a goal of reading a 100 books, and as you could all see in my yearly wrap up, which I accomplished. This year I’d like to challenge myself to read 120. I got close this year so I might get to it. We’ll have to see if I’ll start feeling better than I did in December though.
Edit February: after a slow start and a change in my personal life I’ve decided to move this goal down to 90.
Buy More Ebooks and Less Physical Books
This is a goal that is hard to be specific about. Mostly I am writing this goal down to make myself question whether or not I need a book physical or if an ebook is good as well. I am running out of space so I need to get used to ebooks. For now I want to buy physical books of series I already own physical books of (though if I’m not in love with the series I might continue on with ebooks). With all other books I want to question how much I think I will like it and if I really need a physical copy of it. With longer series, over 5, there will be default ebooks.
16 Books or Series That I Need to Read in 2016
- The Original Shannara Trilogy by Terry Brooks 0/2 (apparently the first one isn’t nessecary and since I already had trouble trying to read that last year, I’m going to skip it)
- Sovereign Stone by Margaret Weiss and Tracey Hickman 0/3
- Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy 6) by Richelle Mead
- The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles 2) by Anne Rice
- The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles 3) by Anne Rice
- Alice Adventures in Wonderland and Other Stories by C.S. Lewis
- The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicles 1) by Patrick Rothfuss
- Moontide Quartet by David Hair (as far as they are translated into Dutch) 0/5 (each original book is split up in Dutch)
- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini 0/3
- Soul Music by Terry Pratchett
- Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
- Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett
- A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett
- Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett
- I Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett
- The Shephard’s Crown by Terry Pratchett
Commenting 365 Challenge
Recently I read about Nori’s Commenting 365 challenge. Mainly it is a challenge to comment on 365 blogs this year. Sometimes I tend to go to the same blogs as most of us do, but I’d like to reach out and comment more throughout the community besides with Sunday Post and Top Ten Tuesday. I’ll try to most focus on blogs I hardly ever have visited or blogs I haven’t visited before.
What are your (reading) goals for 2016?