Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, where we get a bookish prompt to create a top ten for.
This week the prompt is a Thanksgiving freebie. I am Dutch so I don’t celebrate this holiday. So I just decided to go for five fictional families or friend groups I’m thankful for existing. Books can give us such warm feelings, often through the connections the characters have or make with each other.
- The Weasleys (from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling)
Who doesn’t come away from reading Harry Potter and loving the Weasleys? I love the interactions between the children and their parents. Not everything is sunshine there either, but they manage
- Ron, Hermoine and Harry (from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling)
Their friendship has grown and evolved over the books, and that is great to see
- Ruby, Liam, Chubs and Zhu (from The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken)
One of the things I absolutely LOVE about this series is this friendship that grows into the books. I love it.
- Mara Dyers family (from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins)
I just loved how much they cared about Mara, despite being a tad controlling in bits. I especially loved the relationship between Mara and her brothers.
- The Chandlers (from Enchanted Inc series (though mostly in Don’t Hex with Texas) by Shanna Swendson
Katie is quite special and so is her family. Again I find it interesting to see the interactions they have with each other.