My, how time flies. It’s already October 1st! Where did September go? I didn’t read as much as I would have liked. But I can’t complain. Most of the books I read were really good as you can see from the ratings. Pretty pleased with that.
I added an extra bit where I mention my favorite book of the month and such.
# Read a 100 Books
Total – 92/100
Look, I am nearing my goal of readng a 100! I’ve never read so many books in a year, so I feel I deserve to be somewhat proud of myself. I should hit it in October.
- The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co. 1) by Jonathan Stroud – 4 stars
- The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co. 2) by Jonathan Stroud – 4 stars
- A Darker Shade of Magic ( A Darker Shade of magic 1) by V.E. Schwab – 4 stars
- Snow White by The Brother Grimm. Illustrated by Camille Rose Garcia – 5 stars
- Rarity from the Hollow by Robert Eggleston – 2,5 stars
- The Hollow Boy (Lockwood & Co. 3) by Jonathan Stroud – 5 stars
- The Archived (The Archived 1) by Victoria Schwab – 4 stars
- The Unbound (The Archived 2) by Victioria Schwab – 4 stars
- The Wee Free Men (Discworld, Tiffany Aching 1) by Terry Pratchett – 4 stars
Best Book of the Month – The Hollow Boy
This is probably no surprise.
Surprise of the Month – Snow White (illustrated by Camille Rose Garcia).
This book is just so pretty.
Dissapointment of the Month – A Darker Shade of Magic
I still really liked it, but with all the hype I was just expecting so much more.
Below you can find the reviews I posted this month.
Magonia / Snow Like Ashes / The Screaming Staircase / The Whispering Skull / Rarity from the Hollow / A Darker Shade of Magic / The Hollow Boy
# Read all owned books of series you have started (owned books as of February 2015)
Owned books read – 19/34
Series of owned books – 10/19
The one book I was reading towards this goal I DNFed for now. I probably won’t pick it up for a while now. So no progress on this goal for a while. I don’t think I’ll be able to complete this goal before the end of the year. But still I made a pretty decent dent in it.
# Read more by Dutch authors in the fantasy genre
And again, I did not make any progress with this goal. Again, I’m not expecting to complete this goal anymore, but I hope to still read at least two books by Dutch authors before the end of the year.