Time for another book tag!
The lovely Aimal from Bookshelves & Paperbacks recently tagged me to do the mid-year book freakout tag in which we talk about the books we’ve read so far this year. Now the title of the book tag says it all. Mid-year so July or August. Since it is already September I thought I would do it this week, and shove another book tag to another week.
So here we go.
1. What is the best book you have read so far in 2015?
You cannot ask me that! And I’m not sure if I can answer it. However I will list the books I rated 5 stars so far.
Shadow Scale (Seraphina 2) by Rachel Hartman, The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, Ptolemy’s Gate (Bartimaeus 3) by Jonathan Stroud.
2. What is the best sequel you’ve read so far in 2015?
Definitely Ptolemy’s Gate!
3. What is a new release you haven’t yet read, but want to?
The Wrath and the Dawn.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of 2015?
Winter by Marissa Meyer, obviously. There are others but I’m most looking forward to Winter.
5. Which book was the biggest disappointment?
Hmm, I was pretty dissapointed by The Gospel of Loki earlier this year. And Magonia dissapointed me as well.
6. Which book was the biggest surprise?
I’d say Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt. I didn’t quit expect the impact his one would have on me. But also De Erfenis van Richard Grenville by Natalie Koch. It’s pretty great start to a fantasy series by a Dutch author.
7. Who is your favorite new author?
I’ve mentioned before I don’t quickly call someone a favorite author, but I’m keeping my eye on Rachel Hartman
8. Who is your newest fictional crush?
Tsss. Darkling from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo.
9. Who is your newest favorite character?
Oh, you can’t ask me that either. I’ll pick Seraphina from Seraphina duology by Rachel Hartman. There are others, but I don’t latch onto characters that quickly.
10. Pick a book that made you cry.
Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt. Well it made me teary eyed.
11. Pick a book that made you happy.
The Lockwood & Co series by Jonathan Stroud. It makes me smile.
12. Favorite book to movie adaptation you saw this year?
I just saw The Book Thief last week so I’ll go with that.
13. Favorite blog post you’ve written this year?
I don’t think I have one. All posts have something, and the longer I’ll blog the better that they’ll become. I’m also not attached to any post in particular.
14. Most beautiful book you bought so far this year?
Snow White with the illustrations from Camille Rose Garcia. I’m in love with that book.
15. What books do you NEED to read by the end of this year?
Next to some of the releases coming out, I would like to finish a few series like The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, Precious Stone trilogy by Kerstin Gier, and finally finish The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
I’m not going to tag anyone as it is already September. But if you want to do this then consider yourself tagged!