August is already here! These months are flying by. I feel like I say that every wrap up. But it is true. This July we had some great warm weather, but also a Spring storm in the last weekend of the month.
# Read a 100 Books
July – 8
Total – 71/100
So far I’m still doing well on this goal, though I’ve slowed down my monthly reading. We’ll have to see how well that will go in August as I work some nice amount of hours at the start of the month.
The books this month weren’t too amazing unfortunately.
I read the following books this month:
1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Narnia 1) by C.S. Lewis – 3 stars
2. Wake (Watersong 1) by Amanda Hocking – 3 stars
3. Lullaby (Watersong 2) by Amanda Hocking – 2 stars
4. The Vampire’s Assistant (Bind-up books 1-3 Cirque du Freak) by Darren Shan – 3 stars
5. The Iron Queen (Iron Fey 3) by Julie Kagawa – 3 stars
6. The Iron Prince (Iron Fey 4) by Julie Kagawa – 2,5 stars
7. The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave 2) by Rick Yancey – 2,5 stars
8. The Pyramids of London (Tryfold Age 1) by Andrea K. Host – 4 stars
Below you can find the reviews I posted this month.
Penryn and the End of Days (series review) / Wake / Lullaby / The Vampire’s Assistant / The 5th Wave / The Infinite Sea / The Pyramids of London
# Read all owned books of series you have started (owned books as of February 2015)
Owned books read – 16/34
Series of owned books – 9/19
This month I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Iron Queen, The Iron Prince and The Infinite Sea for this goal. Which means I read 4 books, I caught up to 1 series and I finished another. I am slowly making progress on this goal. I’m hoping to get some more down next month.
# Read more by Dutch authors in the fantasy genre
I am horribly slacking with this goal. I haven’t picked up a book by a Dutch author for a while. I’m waiting on one to arrive still, and the other one was the ebook that I couldn’t open and I won’t get for a while now either. It has seriously demotivated me for this goal. But I’ll make an effort to pick up a book by a Dutch author next month.
# August TBR
This coming month I would like to continue reading the books from my Summer read list. Still a lot to read before the end of September. I’d also like to finish (or at least continue) Nobody’s Boy. I started reading it last month, and though I liked what I read so far, I haven’t picked it up in a while. So I’d like to make some good progress in that book. And as said above I’d like to read a book by a Dutch author.