June was an okay month I think. I would have liked to have read more, and the books that I did read weren’t very big either. But I was in a tad of a reading slump because of nerves throughout this month so I’m glad I still read what I did.
An update to the blog is that I added a few pages. These pages are reading lists. For instance you can now find my reading list for the Summer. There will be a wrap-up for that at the end of Summer. Next to that I have a long term goal to reading the whole of Discworld. I’ve created a reading list for that as well. And there is also a list of book I’d like to reread. Feel free to comment on any of these pages.
# Read a 100 books
June – 11
Total – 63
I read the following books this month:
1. Nadia Knows Best by Jill Mansel – 2 stars
2. The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus 4) by Rick Riordan – 4 stars
– Wild Things by A.M. Dellamonica – 4 stars (novella) *
– Among the Silvering Herd by A.M. Dellamonica – 3 stars (novella) *
3. The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus 5) by Rick Riordan – 4,5 stars
4. Graceling (Graceling Realms 1) by Kristin Cashore
5. Grijs Gebied by Marion Pauw – 1 star (novella)
6. The Ring of Solomon (Bartimaeus 0,5) by Jonathan Stroud – 3 stars
7. Quidditch Through the Ages (Hogwarts Library) by J.K. Rowling – 4 stars
8. Eric (Discworld 9) by Terry Pratchett – 3 stars
9. Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise volume 1 – 3 stars (graphic novel)
10. The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner 2) by James Dashner – 1 star
11. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer 1) by Michelle Hodkin – 4 stars
* These novella’s were under 30 pages and I don’t count them for the challenge because of that.
Below you can find the reviews I posted this month.
The Poison Princess / Graceling / The Ring of Solomon / Novella’s #1 / The Maze Runner / The Promise volume 1 / The Scorch Trials / The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
# Read all owned books of series you have started (owned books as of February 2015)
Owned books read – 12/34
Series of owned books – 7/19
This month I read the last two books of The Heroes of Olympus, The House of Hades and Blood of Olympus. This means I finished 2 books and 1 series for this goal this month. I would have liked to have finished more, but I wasn’t in the mood. Hopefully in the next few months I’ll finish a few more.
# Read more by Dutch authors in the fantasy genre.
This month I read Grijs Gebied by Marion Pauw. This was this year’s novella for the month of the exciting/thriller book month (in June, for every Dutch book you buy over a certain price amount, you get this novella for free). Unfortunately I did not like it very much, and I am glad it was only 96 pages.
# Currently Reading/TBR July
At the moment I am reading The Iron Queen (Iron Fey 3) by Julie Kagawa. I’m not really enjoying this read too much at the moment, and so it is taking me a long time. I still haven’t finished Dodger on audiobook. I just can’t seem to will myself to pick it up. I’ve also started reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Narnia 1) by C.S. Lewis
As for the rest of the month of July, my TBR won’t be very big. My husband is home for most of the start of the month, and I always read less when he is home. So I am not expecting to read a lot this month. However I am planning on finishing the above books of course. Next to that I would like to finish The Iron Knight (Iron Fey 4) by Julie Kagawa so I can finish this series. I’d also like to read The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott.